Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Life Through The Lens - Pine Warbler

I spend most of my time writing about the birds I see afield - whether at Harris Lake, the Outer Banks, or beyond.  My yard, however, gives me some of the best opportunities for bird photography.  The recent cold snap and snowfall has made my feeders as active as ever, and my newly-added brush pile has helped add to the diversity.  I went out this morning to photograph some of these hungry birds.  I was photographing some of the resident sparrows and Yellow-rumped Warblers when a beautiful Pine Warbler decided to stop by.  Pine Warblers do not make regular appearances in my yard, so I was happy to see this one just a few feet from me.  It took me a few minutes, but I finally managed to "crush" him in this beautiful shot.  Pine Warblers are one of the few colorful birds left this time of year, when most of the migrants have returned to their wintering grounds in the tropics.  It was nice to see this bright little bird on such a cold day.


No comments:

Post a Comment